How do Amazon FBA shipments work?
When doing FBA shipments with Stallion Express, you are able to use Amazon Partnered shipping labels for UPS. To start off, we have a detailed document for you.
And when you're ready, here's what you'll need to do:
1. Create a shipment plan on your Amazon Seller Central account, to be able to print a UPS label. This will require a US "Ship From" address that you can obtain from your Stallion account.
Please ensure that you select your region and branch on your Stallion account. If you are from BC, please use the US return address that is linked to your location. Ontario residents must use a different US return address. Your return address will be updated to the correct location once you select your region and branch on your Stallion account.
2. On your Stallion Express account, create a shipment manifest that tells us the item description, weight, etc. This can be done by either:
- Using the New Shipment tab (for a single box).
- Using the Stallion Default Template which can be found on the Import tab. Save the file as a .CSV format and upload.
- Provide complete description, ASIN and quantity for each shipment on the Package Contents/Description section (ie. 6 Swiffer Dusters Kit BOQXXXABC).
- Value should also be based on item price in Amazon.com x number of units per box - each box must be less $800 USD.
3. Once the manifest is completed, you can print the QR code that we'll use for scanning. Attach this QR code and your Amazon UPS label set to your box.
4. Drop off your package at our location. And that's it, your package is ready to be shipped.
Our handling fees for FBA shipments are as follows: